Sunday, August 16, 2015

We Get By With A Little Help From Our Friends

Day; 170. Sunny and warm again, although monsoon clouds are building.. Temperature on outside kiln; 85 degrees.

I was just too damn tired after the early morning market yesterday to write anything... I realized that I load and unload all my tables, ceramics, weights, ez-up, etc.. 4 times in and out of the truck in order to do the Artists' Market, no wonder I have to come home every Saturday and collapse on to the bed for two hours.. and sometimes I just stay there and binge watch Netflix into the night, don't tell anyone!!

While at the Artists' Market yesterday I saw one of my favorite young potters Carolyn Lobeck. Carolyn is not only a skillfull potter but also a member of the Contemporary Clay Fair steering committee for the last 3 years. She has been a god-send helping the rest of the committee produce the fair 2x/year with always a smile and helping hand.

 And now she needs ours... About 2-3 weeks ago her much-depended-on car upped and died suddenly without warning. And as a potter,  our businesses do not function without trusty vehicle companions to take us and our work to market. We desperately need those wheels to get us to where our customers are... So, in place of running out and buying her something (which I would do if I were rich... ), I am appealing to all and sundry folks, (potters, artists, friends, family) to please consider contributing to her Indigogo crowd funding campaign to finance a new vehicle for her ceramics business.

The direct link is;
http://igg.me/at/SiuCDwrZhow

Any amount is welcome, it doesn't matter how small or large. I thank you,  Support your local artists!!

No comments:

Post a Comment