Friday, August 14, 2015

All's Well That Ends Well...

Day; 169. Sunny, warm, lovely late summer day... Temperature on outside kiln; 88 degrees.

Well after redoing an entire kiln load of decal ware and refiring last night, (see yesterday's post), I was very anxious to open the kiln this morning and see if my "fix" had done the trick. Pretty much, a few pieces looked a little blurry/funny, but for the most part everything was fine, a few were even improved. The paler decals from the old firing created a sort of background, with the stronger,  more vivid ones creating a foreground. All in all an illusion of more depth on the surface which I would actually like to do more often but my electric is bill is already sky-high, sooooo. But I am happy to have some new work to sell tomorrow at the Artist's Market and look forward to a very fun morning in the sun with my tribe...


No comments:

Post a Comment