Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Back to the Wheel and Slab Roller Post-CB Show

Day; 161. Really gorgeous summer day. Sunny and hot. Temperature on outside kiln; 93 degrees.

Back in the studio today after singing with the girls (Maggie and the Magpie's?!) for 2+ hours. Working on  our same 2-set list of 17 songs, of which I sing the greater part of. After running through it again acoustically,I think we are ready to go for the Dixon Farmers Market on the 19th of August, big time!

After a brief nap with all 4 dogs, I had to pull myself out of bed and start throwing some special orders/replacement pieces from last weekend's show in Crested Butte. I also threw a few large bowls in an attempt to restock some inventory and fill a kiln. I can't remember the last time I came home from a show with so few pieces. 1.5 bins of remaining work is nothing. After talking to Miya Endo today, the other potter who plays ukelele in the Magpie's, I realized that what was different this year in CB; there were so few functional potters in the show,  I had very little competition. There were just no other booths along Elk Ave. were one could buy a decent cup or bowl. Works for me! Here is partially what I started with....






















...and here is what I ended up with...

I sold every mug, breakfast and lunch  plate, tumbler, and large bowl that I had. I also sold many pairs of earrings, lots of buttons and several serving dishes. If I had had more bowls and cups for the last day of the show on Sunday, I would have sold those too. Many customers waited until  then to purchase and were sorely disappointed.
All this in the rain too! How nice it was to just enjoy the drizzle and not stress that it would ruin the show or blow over the tent. I had sold so much by the time it started raining, I didn't care, that never happens! Rain is usually a show breaker, but it didn't seem to matter. I loved standing in my tent watching the gentle rain come down...















The sun did eventually come out however...




And the show commenced again....














Jesus,  I hope they jury me in again next year....
one never knows, but until next year, I Love You Crusty Butt!





No comments:

Post a Comment