Thursday, August 27, 2015

Back On-line...

Day; 177. Overcast and weirdly foggy this morning. Hot in the afternoon.

Temperature on outside kiln; 80 degrees.
Kiln Firings; slow bisque firing to cone 04. (1, 945 degrees  f)
Music in the studio; found a new guy I love... ; Eric Lindell, so blusey and kinda sexy. I'm talkin' about the music girls....

No internet all day yesterday so a bit behind today.... Somehow Comcast turned off our service and then was planning on coming out 3 days later to fix it!! I don't think so...  Awesome husband got on the phone and told them what was what  and Voila! we were back on-line very early this morning...

Anyway, yesterday was Maggie and the Magpies band practice so not a lot of studio work was accomplished  to begin with... We are trying to update our set list and come up with  a few non-ballad tunes for us to cover. I could sing ballads for the rest of my life but I fear I am putting the other musicians to sleep. It is surprisingly difficult to find up-tempo songs that I want to sing, the hunt continues....

Today I spent my time making scoops, still  in a spooning mood I guess... (not what you think..) I saw a handy-dandy set of plastice scoops at the local grocery for 3 bucks so I bought them and make quick little plaster molds of them. I now have a set of scoop molds in graduated sizes that I can drap clay over. I started with B-mix and then did a set in porcelain. I tried different handles and just ended  up throwing some hollow forms and attaching them. I really had fun all day singing in the studio thinking about new songs to sing and making silly little scoop-y things. I put holes in the handles so that they can be hung up in the kitchen. Should be really fun to glazed and find some interesting material to hang them with... Here are some more little cuties coming out of the studio this week..


No comments:

Post a Comment