Sunday, August 23, 2015

Indian Market in Railyard Park


Day; 175. Strangely overcast and grey. Looks like the Midwest instead of sunny Southwest...

Temperature on outside kiln; 66 degrees
Firings; none 
Music in the studio today; Amos Lee

Even though my intention every Saturday after the Artists' Market is to come home and post a blog, I never actually do it. I forget how tired I get after loading and unloading the truck, setting up at dawn in the Railyard, talking and selling for 5 hours, and then packing it all up again. I should just say once and for all, you will never hear from me Dear Reader on a Saturday, I am too damn tired!
So my Saturday posts are always Sundays' post, ah well, at least I eventually get there..

Yesterday was beautiful; sunny, warm, mid-80's. And the Railyard district of Santa Fe was hopping. It was the 93rd annual Native American Indian Market and as such town was swamped with sellers and buyers alike from all over the country. Alas this did not translate into a full/busy booth for Magpie Pottery, but I sorta knew that.. I have done many shows during Indian Market and it is always disappointing, buyers are just elsewhere, the downtown plaza most likely, and with  Native American Art on their lists, not mine. I did however have a fun time and enjoyed being in my new booth with new metal weights, new work, and diverse customers to talk to...

 In the Railyard..

















         New metal weights for my ez-up, no more lugging around sand bags, Halleluja!!



















Young men in skirts from Colorado College...


See you all next Saturday in the Railyard, same time. same place...

No comments:

Post a Comment