Sunday, January 31, 2016

Tech Nerd Needed...

Day; 249. Sunny in the suburbs with clouds covering the Sangre de Christos and Santa Fe. Apparently a storm is acomin'!

Temperature on outside kiln; 48 degrees
kiln firings; none
Music in the studio; none

A bit of a lazy Sunday, no studio time, but I did spend the day putting the finishing touches on my written tutorial "Making and Firing Laser-toner Decals". This was in preparation for listing a digital copy of it on my on-line Etsy marketplace. After weeks of working on it, and buying new word processing software, the file is too big to upload onto their site!  I would have to trim it by 4MB!? This I cannot/will not do as it covers the essentials and taking images or text out would destroy the usefulness of the product.

 So... what now brown cow?! I have decided to try and list it on my own personal website instead and see if that works.. Darn it, I really wanted to be able to tell students/customers  where to get a copy when I am completely tired of answering the same questions over and over! There has to be a way to get this out there, and I am determined to find it. The longer book-length version could be years in the making (if at all?) so I am anxious to find a solution to the problem of selling a digital download product. I guess I need to talk with a techie- type person,  may need to get Jackie Gerstein on it ( as we say for anything tech related with the Contemporary Clay Fair; got a problem? Get Jackie on it!) 

Off to send her an email right now..... 


No comments:

Post a Comment