Monday, January 11, 2016

Colder Than a Witches Tit...

Day; 242. Brillantly blue sky in the land of enchantment...

Temperature on outside kiln; 13 degrees
kiln firings; a quickie image transfer firing to cone 92
Music in the Studio; singing lessons with my new fave girl; Felicia Ricci

I went out to load the kiln this morning and it was 13 degrees, ouch! Luckily I had only a few re-fires and it was a quick job.. still had to defrost my fingers on top of the woodstove post-loading however.

After that I spent the day getting all the Detour Galleries' ( La Fonda Hotel) green pieces ready for tomorrow's bisque firing and working on my dinneware submission for the La Mesa Exhibit. I need to finish the large serving pieces for the La Fonda's new gallery next week so into the bisque firing they go in the am. Jeez, I hope they all come out, it is such a good space and the exposure is par excellance! Right on the busiest corner in Santa Fe and in a world-class historic hotel, but hey, no pressure! I just want to do myself proud, you know? So, slowly, slowwwwwwwly. My new mantra for the rest of my life; relax!!

Which apparently is the secret to really great singing as well. According to Felicia, it is all  in the breath, and I believe her. It really is what is fueling all the sound. So, I had a good ole time listening to her singing lessons and making funny noises while breathing diaphramatically. At one point Leona the Lioness ( one of 4 rescued huskies) sang along with us, albeit not quite in tune but very relaxed and with a lot of gusto. I should take a cue from the 4-leggeds, they don't worry about how they sound, they simply throw their heads back and let 'er rip... OUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment