Wednesday, January 27, 2016

If It Feels Good, Do It!

Day; 247. Sunny, gorgeous. Quintessential New Mexico day....

Temperature on outside kiln;
Kiln firings; none
Music in the studio; Eva Cassidy sings Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Happiest moment of the day; Listening to Luther Vandross sing A Change is Going to Come, wickedly good, how gorgeous and fine is he? And oh yeah, that velvety voice...


Back at it after a rather challenging weekend, it's over and it's Wednesday now! and I haven't posted in several days, I just couldn't get any studio mojo going... But Maggie's back in town and actually making something today... even if it is just a few cups for the tea shop, it's better than nothing and I am enjoying myself singing and making stuff kinda like ol' times before I derailed in November... I feel better and better every day about studio work, not sure where I am going with it, and it doesn't matter at this point, but I am enjoying myself making again at least for some part of the day. I will just follow the good feelings... if it feels good, do it! ( as we used to say in the 60's!)

Yesterday I actually send off a book proposal to Lark Publishers, a company who has published a few of my pieces before.. This has been about a year in the making, stopping and starting so many times, but I finally got a glimpse of what I should do with the article on laser-toner transfer that I had been working on. If I do say so myself the proposal I wrote up was pretty damn good and I am excited for feedback and any possible projects which may come down the pike. We will see where that road leads....

I also contacted Ghost Ranch in Abiquiu (have to look up that spelling every single time!!) about any teaching gigs that might be possible this summer. I am too late for 2016 but proposals for 2017 can still be submitted. As this is 1.5 years away it was hard to get very excited about anything up there. However, I was reminded that Pot Hollow had been washed away in a flood last summer and fund raising is on-going  to bankroll a new ceramics studio. I offered my services in grant writing and in crowd funding set-ups and have been emailing back and forth with the Ghost Ranch staff about that. I would be pleased to help set-up and build a new studio up there, and of course teach in it one day! So, more irons in the fire all the time! As I am into cliches from the 60's today, I will just  keep on truckin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment