Saturday, January 30, 2016

A Balancing Act..

Day; 248. Sunny and beautiful but I hear a storm is on it's way this upcoming week. Temperature is likely to drop 20 degrees so I guess I should go stand out in the sun while I can....

Temperature on outside kiln; 42 degrees
kiln firings; none
music in the studio; Still hooked on Luther Vandross, can't get enough of his silky voice. I just feel transported instantly to a good-feeling place when I listen to him....

Saturday morning in the studio... Finishing up some work from yesterday, larger pieces for picture taking, (show applications coming up and I want some new images) and making more cups for the truck show at Artful Tea in two weeks. Spirits are high but my body, well, my poor body, it just can't get a break! I'm feeling better generally but now it is allergy season and the juniper trees are doing their thing and pollinating... Which makes me stuffed up, wheezy, and achy like I have the flu.. Someday soon I will get my glorious body back and  Dear Friends slap me a good one if I ever take it for granted again!! My new mantra for the rest of my life; I love my body, I love my body, I love my body..........

In the interests of a more balance life, I am looking for other things to do with myself that do not involve ceramics! Like what?, I can hear you asking me.... Well, I don't know! I am open to divine inspiration..
What I really want to do is sing, but my voice comes out as a croak...Sooooo, I'm doing things like clean house, wash the sheets, stack wood, carry water, you get my drift... I'm staring at my 2015 taxes but I'm just not that desperate yet, I'd rather clean the toilet...
I ordered some new software for my computer last week and I am really hoping it comes in the mail today so I can play around with it, I will check the mail a little later and maybe get lucky... I want to get my decal tutorial formatted into a document that others can actually open and print, the word processing program I have currently is pretty much worthless, but it was free off the internet so I guess I really can't complain. I know, I know, it's ceramic related, but at least it's in another room and I am not rolling out slabs or throwing clay on the wheel, that's progress towards balance, right? Why am I feeling pathetic!?

I watched a great movie last night,   The Martian with Matt Damon. What a great flic! So convincingly real that I was sweating as he was shot into space with just a tarp over the roof of his space ship trying to get home after being maroon on the red planet.. Towards the end of the movie as they were shooting back towards the earth, they showed a picture of it from afar. I was so struck by the beauty of our  little blue ball in space. I felt so honored and special to be human and experiencing life in all it's pain and glory here on our gorgeous planet. There was  something about seeing it in relation to the rest of the universe, just floating there, that made me love it so, I felt a rare sense of reverence. How lucky we are!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment