Friday, February 5, 2016

Momentum is my favorite word!

Day; 252. Sunny but bitterly cold with frosty wind blowing through.....

Temperature on outside kiln; 34 degrees
kiln firings; none
music in the studio; Shawn Colvin

Happiest moment of my day; seeing my friend Karen at her tea-shop Artful Tea in downtown Santa Fe

Two very great days after months of struggling and squirming around.. I finally feel like I have some momentum going in the right direction, that is in a positive flow instead of circling the drain..... Just in the nick of time if you ask me...

 Yesterday I FINALLY got my digital tutorial on laser-toner decals up on my website. Well that only took me about a year, but better late than never. After solving software, uploading, and other various technical problems, I got it up and listed on magpiepottery.com. ,

I was feeling so satisfied with myself that I decided to take a nice warm bath before going to the first Eldorado Studio Tour meeting  later that night. As I was getting out of the bath, I hear an email beep on my phone and decided to check it quickly before leaving.  Lo and behold some angel in California had seen the post I put up on Instagram and purchased a copy of the tutorial.  I was dumbfounded that the passive income stream from this idea only took about an hour to pay off.... I didn't know whether to laugh or cry so I promptly did both at the same time... while also jumping around in the air. All 4 dogs thought I was crazy and did one of those really cute doggy head tilts.. you could just see them thinking, "what's up with the human now?!"

I just really needed some forward propulsion/momentum  in my life and this was it. Any little thing would do.. Just something to get me going and feeling positive so that I could take another step, and then another, and another. For two months I just couldn't find anything positive beyond, "gee, my bed is soft!", which yes, is positive, but does not have a  lot of forward momentum riding on it. I subsequently went to bed last night feeling pretty good for the first time in a long while.
 As I was getting ready to leave for town this morning, the same thing happened... My phone beeped, I checked it for emails, and lo and behold someone else had also purchased a tutorial... !! I love having money sent to my Paypal account while I am brushing my teeth!! No firing the kiln, no loading the truck, no driving 300 miles to a show, just put on your underwear and people send you money while you are getting dressed! I LOVE TECHNOLOGY! I am sure I have never written that sentence in my life but I am suddenly enamored.

To add chocolate sauce to the ice cream, the technical problem which was preventing me from listing the same tutorial on Etsy.com, was solved while I had a casual conversation with Karen at Artful Tea. I feel bad though, she was telling me all about her technical difficulties with a new website, and we ended up solving mine instead! Serendipity is alive and well and living in Santa Fe... Thanks Karen! (hope you get your technical difficulties figured out soon..)

No comments:

Post a Comment