Friday, February 19, 2016

Color Therapy

Day; 258. Overcast but warm...

Temperature on outside kiln; 50 degrees
kiln firings; none
music in the studio; singer/songwriters Matt Duke and Jay Nash

Spent the morning making  coffee mugs with new forms... gotta keep from getting bored!...


I plan to glaze them with two different colors split vertically instead of my usual latte cups which just take too damn long to glaze. This way I can just dunk them top and bottom into the bucket without having to pour and wax... too complicated, I was going more crazy than I already am....!

I also got my new glaze tests out of the kiln and I LOVE them!! Who knew that just a few new colors would re-invigorate me ceramically. If I had know that is all it would take I would have made up a new batch 2 months ago, jeeezzzzz... here they are..,



The first image shows a beautiful blue/purple and a deep yellow ochre, both a soft satin matte. The second two test tiles are both white/off-white, one a satin matte and another a very dense soft matte, just lovely! I wish the reader could get a sense of the glaze surface from the picture but it is not possible. The second image is one of the soft whites over some deep texture, I love the elegance/calmness/softness of no color at all, just some soft winter white over a large bird. Very lovely I think. I cant wait to use these new glazes/surfaces.
Unfortunately I don't think they will be nearly as lovely refired with decals so I am in the process of making some short tumblers with a lot of texture to play around with... stay tuned for more pics tomorrow! ....



No comments:

Post a Comment