Saturday, February 13, 2016

Like Magic...

Day; 255. Sunny and WARM!

Temperature on outside kiln; 50 degrees!
kiln firings; none
music in the studio; none

Non-studio day today.. spent the morning in the Farmers Market Pavilion doing a trunk show at my friend Karen's tea shop. Lovely woman, lovely shop...




Well, if you want to see all your friends in one day, go to the farmers market on a  Saturday, they are all there..!! I realized anew how small Santa Fe really is, seems like  I knew half the people walking by and the other half I recognized at least... I had a wonderful time seeing old customers and greeting old friends I had not seen in awhile, a nice way really to spend a morning and selling work as well, I am a lucky girl!

The highlight of my day was seeing an old friend/potter who is also a transplant from Colorado, we both have old friends in and around the mountains of Boulder.. Mary brought house guests with her, one of which runs the ceramic program at Boulder High School. When she saw my work she got really excited.. apparently she has been wanting to do some image transfer with her students for awhile and just hasn't had the time.. When I told her I was looking for more workshop opportunities we suddenly clicked and realized our meeting each other was very co-incidental and serendipitous...  We have tentatively set late March/early April as a date and discussed money and accommodations as well.

I have a good feeling about this...! Just yesterday, not 24 hours ago, I was walking to the mail box and thinking that this year I would get up to Colorado and visit my good friend/mountain climber Tamara Jenlink. We go back 20 years almost to Nederland, Colorado... We have lived together twice and I believe we both think of each other as our sister. I have not had much contact in the last year with her so when I was offered an opportunity just this morning to teach very near to where Tamara lives,  I knew the Universe was doing what it does best... serendipity!!! On top of that, another friend from Boulder who now lives in Santa Fe also walked by.. I have not seen Linda in at least 6 months. When I told her about possibly teaching in Boulder later this spring at the high school, she said she knew the woman who runs the studio there too and confirmed the connection. It was like the Universe handed me this wonderful opportunity and then sent another person by just to make sure I got the message/connection. Gosh, I love how things come together sometimes, it is so magical! Put the thought out there that you want to go to Boulder and visit friends, and boom!, the next morning the ways, means, and a place to crash fall into your lap, I LOVE IT!!!!
Keep it coming baby, keep it coming..... !



No comments:

Post a Comment