Wednesday, February 17, 2016

ChaChaChaChanges......

Day; 257. Sunny, warm, light clouds....

Temperature on outside kiln; 52 degrees
kiln firings; glaze re-fires and some new glaze tests!!
Music in the studio; Maggie and Magpies...

Non-studio day besides loading the kiln and making a few new colors up before the rest of the Magpie's showed up this morning.  This is what we do when not making pots...


Loved having the Magpie's in my living room.. such a nice treat to stay home and practice instead of going elsewhere, not that it is a big deal at all, just fun to host rehearsal myself....

However, we are losing one of our own (temporarily)  really soon, and while very excited for Julie, I am sad to see her go and not have the chance to sing with her for a full 3 months. I will miss her terribly. The good news is that I will have to work on my head voice which I am always threatening to do since Julie's beautiful soprano voice will be absent. So, as far as singing practice goes, it is a good thing... And for her, a wonderful opportunity  as she travels around the country moving from open-mic to open-mic and meeting up with all kinds of folks...
We do have her for one more practice next week though so I will have to scheme on how to make it extra extra special... 

No comments:

Post a Comment