Thursday, February 4, 2016

Lean On Me

Day; 251. Really cold and blustery. A February kind of day...

Temperature on outside kiln; 15 degrees! + wind chill. Ouch!
kiln firings; glaze kiln cooling
Music in the studio; Mix of soul music

In the studio on this very chilly winter day making a few more tea cups for next week's trunk show...  Listening to music and wishing my voice wasn't so raspy still, trying to sing along with Michael McDonald... good thing he is a raspy baritone himself!! Mentally giving my body a lot of love and having to make peace with where it is at, I cannot force my voice into ranges it is not ready to go to...

However, I did  go to the first band practice with the Magpie's in 2.5 months yesterday and  oh boy, I could barely croak out a verse..! But I gave it a shot and really enjoyed seeing all the girls again. The most beautiful moment of the day and I would say the year so far, was the singing of  Lean On Me by the surrounding Magpie's  while I just sat and let tears stream down my face... I hadn't realized until that moment how much emotion I had been holding in my body these last two months as I chart a new course for myself. I haven't shared with family or friends the depth of the changes I have been working to manifest, nor have I allowed myself a good cry to let out the stress... I tried not to be too embarrassed as it all streamed down my face right in the middle of rehearsal.
What I came to understand later that night was that laughing/crying are always just a release of resistance and that as I let more and more of it go, I come into closer proximity to who and what I really am.... No shame there at all, so I am giving myself credit for being willing to travel this road and I am spending the day looking at all the things around me that I am appreciative of. Hoping I can sing a bit more next week but not putting any pressure on myself, maybe it is finally time I learn how to play the cahon!?


No comments:

Post a Comment