Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Relaxing Reprieve...

Day; 236. Overcast, very cold, a little blowing snow...

Temperature on outside kiln; 26 degrees
kiln firings; watching the bisque kiln cool...
Music in the studio; Patty Griffin

I have been SAVED! The ART GODS are with me!! Yesterday the gallery I was supposed to deliver work to next week emailed and reported that the work was not due for another 3-4 weeks, at the end of Jan. instead of the beginning!! I can hear  Handels' Hallelujah chorus playing in the background as I write... Apparently they are not quite ready to open so it has been postponed... Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, I am so relieved!! I really wanted to make another kiln of large pieces so I would have more to choose from, I was not all that thrilled with what came out of the glaze kiln yesterday. There are 5-6 good pieces but I needed 7-8, soooo, I have plenty of time to make a few more and deliver a body of work that I am more proud of...
I am really digging this go-slow type of pottery business I got goin' now, so much more relaxing and fun! No pressure!, no stress! Just make what you want and assume all will be well!! Takes a bit of practice not to run into the studio and throw a bunch of dog bowls, but hey, like they say in New Mexico, Manana!

I also was so pleased yesterday to deliver the first load of commissioned tiles to the sub-contractor, and pick up a check! Jeez, maybe now I can pay my new health insurance premium that is currently double last year's rate!! (don't get me started!!) Anyway, happy to drop them off at their new home and say goodbye, although as the foreman threw them in to the corner without a care, I was almost sad to leave them in a dingy warehouse, if only he knew of the sweat and tears that went into them...  I wanted to load them back into the truck and tuck them safely back into the studio... I assume they will be taken care of and installed properly..!?

Not feeling potterly today so I am practicing my go-slow mo-jo, and filling up my Etsy shop instead.. It has only been about 9 months since Pepe-the-intern posted something for me, gee I wander if all my followers have jumped ship and assumed Magpie Pottery has sunk somewhere, they will be surprised to see me! But I thought a year-end on-line sale might be just the thing to clear out my studio and start the year anew.. God knows I could use a new beginning after the last month. And considering I missed all the holiday markets, I have quite a few pieces left over from 2015 that need new homes...

Here is the first little whiskey cup that is up for grabs...

 Cute, isn't it? I would drink some single malt out of this...

Go to; https://www.etsy.com/shop/magpiepottery for my on-line sale and to view new items listed daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment