Sunday, December 20, 2015

Every Breath You Take

Day; 231. Sunny, gorgeous blue sky, chilly

Temperature on outside kiln; 27 degrees
kiln firings; watching the bisque kiln cool
music in the studio; the ventilation fan....

After only one working day in the studio last Monday, I was 4 days laying around trying to cope with  inflammed lungs and sore throat. Finally Friday morning I got up and went to the Urgent Care that my sister works at... After looking at pictures of my lungs, the Doc ruled out the big scary stuff; pneumonia, masses of any sort, etc... I brought up silica and how I breathe it all day long but he didnt seem to think that was it, my oxygen levels were good. He seemed to think it was perhaps bronchitis so gave me some antibiotics to take... While they may treat the symtoms, I know it is up to me to see the overall big picture..

So, as usual when I get sick, the mystery continues.  I believe it is an elaborate trick my body keeps playing on me to slowwwww wayyyyy down and get really good at pacing myself... So, that is what I am doing... Yesterday I had Dave help me cut out some of the last tile for the large commission I am working on.. He worked the slab roller while I used the tile cookie cutter.  I worked in the studio for exactly one hour, that is pretty good for me what with two large orders waiting to be completed. After that I went back to bed!

 So, that is my plan right now, work for an hour each day, get the two commissions out of the kiln and on their way, and then take two weeks off in January and do nothing but have fun and eat and sleep. I believe this will do it, but I am mighty mad at missing all the holiday parties/eggnog/festivities. I plan to make up for it in Jan/Feb. however! I am going shopping for new boots, eating at Harry's as much as I want, drinking cosmos at said Roadhouse, soaking in the tubs at 10,000 waves, skiing with the dogs, and anything and everything else that puts a smile on my face, SO THERE UNIVERSE!  That's my plan and I am sticking to it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment