Monday, December 14, 2015

No Pushing, No Resistance...

Day; 230. Sunny and gorgeous after 7-8 inches of snow yesterday..

Temperature on outside kiln; 36 degrees
kiln firings; none
music in the studio; Democracy Now with Amy Goodman at the Paris Climate Change Summit

Jeezzz 3 days in bed just went by... Had a great week working Monday-Thursday and then woke up on Friday feeling like hell again, I could have screamed and thrown shoes at the wall but I didn't.. Same sore throat, same burning lungs... WTF!! I had to cancel participation in the Sunday Railyard Market and miss out on a night out with the Magpie's. Very disappointed but it had to be done. I can no longer push... it creates resistance, and that is keeping all the goodies in  life from reaching me...

I'm beginning to believe it is the best thing that ever happened to me however.... I am being forced to slow down and pace myself, to relax, to trust.... It is the life lesson that I most need to learn/practice.  And let's face it, I would just keep on working if my body would let me, but it won't anymore, and that is a good thing. I anticipate that the rewards of going slow and trusting that all  will be well, will heavily outweigh those that I might have achieved if I had kept working myself to death. So, even though I did work some today in the studio I took numerous breaks and relaxed in between glazing sessions. I can still feel that soreness/burning in my respiratory system but it is not as bad and I feel like once again I have turned a corner, let's hope I keep going in this direction and don't do something stupid...
Here are the tiles I glazed today, most of the blues are almost done.... !!



















And a full kiln;


Tomorrow is another day... !!

No comments:

Post a Comment