Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Magpie Gets Her Groove Back....

Day; 225. Sunny and crisp but really cold
Temperature on outside kiln; 29 degrees
kiln firings; image transfer firing cooling
Music in the Studio; India.Arie

Trying to get my groove back after a cold and sore throat that has lasted for 3 weeks off and on... Sometimes little nasties take up residence in my lungs and I cannot evict them!!?? I give up and am only thinking about what I do want;  flat tiles, beautiful glazes, happy clients... 
I went to Home Depot early this morning and got some fancy dry wall to sandwich all 300 tiles between so that they will dry evenly and not warp... I have about half of the order done, at least rolled and cut, but not fired or glazed. But at least they are stacked and drying in the studio and that makes me feel less panicky..

Now to make 12 large gorgeous masterpieces for the La Fonda Hotel.... but no pressure..?~! Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment