Monday, December 7, 2015

Close Encounter of the Third Kind... (gotta see that movie again!!)

Day; 228. Sunny, fairly warm, not so chilly or windy today.

Temperature on outside kiln; 49 degrees
kiln firings; none
Music in the Studio; Songs to Sing To on my Ipod.

Up early glazing in the studio today after taking it easy yesterday, Sunday. A good friend and fellow artist and I went to have a burger and cosmo at Harry's Raodhouse last night, Fun! It had been awhile and I really enjoyed sitting in the bar and catching up. The thing I love about Harry's is yes the cocktails are $9, but they come with a shaker of refills and sometimes it is quite full... Like last night..
 After refills on our refills we drove home together whereupon we witnessed a burning ball of fire streaking across the night sky! I thought maybe it was the cosmopolitans we had chugged, but no, others in Santa Fe had seen the same miraculous night vision as we... This was nothing like a falling star or meteor shower, indeed it was like nothing I had ever seen before. This was HUGE and CLOSE and ON FIRE. We just kept saying "what the fu*k  was that?!!" We kept looking for smoke and some sort of impact site, it was that close, and huge, and on fire!
But I guess I just have never seen a meteor that close to the planet's  atmosphere before, so it was EXTREMELY IMPRESSIVE.
Anyway, we survived our close encounter and today it was back to work... I made up 4 terracotta glaze samples for the on-going tile commission and spent the day glazing other flotsom and jetsom in the studio in order to fill the kiln just so I could get the 4 little glaze tests fired and on their way....

Here are some tiles waiting for their turn in the kiln... Only 100 more to go... sigh!


No comments:

Post a Comment