Sunday, December 27, 2015

A Snowy Sunday...

Day; 235. Overcast, cold, snowy...
Temperature on outside kiln; 26 degrees
kiln firings; glaze firing to cone 6
music in the studio; Adele's newest album, love it, love her.....

Half a day in the studio which suits me fine these days.... Loaded up the larger pieces for the La Fonda gallery opening next week.. Fingers and toes crossed for a good firing and numerous prayers to the kiln gods, no time to make more, maybe a re-fire if necessary but I don't think need be, I went as slow as I have ever gone and did the best I could do..  I will deliver to the gallery what I've got at the time and it will have to be enough. There is always the second body of work to think about and I know I can do better when I am focused and not feeling so crummy.... I look forward to that in January.

Tomorrow I will load up the first half of the 270 piece tile commission and deliver it to Coronado Tile. I would not know how to describe how relived I am that they all turned out, god knows how that happened as I was in a fog the whole time I worked on that  order and barely able to take a deep breath..  But anyway I will carefully pack them and drive through a foot of snow to get them on their way.. They look so pretty altogether waiting for their new home...

Only 80 more to glaze.... !!

No comments:

Post a Comment