Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Two Weeks and Counting..

Day; 150. Sunny and warm again! Monsoon clouds in the afternoon. Temperature on outside kiln; 78

I leave for the big summer show in Crested Butte, Colorado in two weeks; that means it is time to stop making wet work and get on with  glazing. It will take me the next two weeks to get everything I have made so far in and out of the kiln 3 times. It is always so hard to stop making stuff...."just a few more mugs, just a few more plates..." especially when the show is two weeks away, it seems like a long time, except if you are a potter. Then it is time to buckle down and start up the kiln!!
Tomorrow I have 3 students coming in the morning and then Pepe-the-intern is arriving right afterward to work with me for his last day! Oh nooooo, what will I do without him?! So I think we will just recycle all the scrap clay and then break out the glazes, there is really no more time to make new work for the show. As I write this, I am resistant; I am thinking,  well maybe a few more pieces..... It is such a great show and I want so badly to have a booth full of amazing pieces. The truth is, I will have what I have when the time comes to drive north and that is all there is to it. Give it up girl and start glazing....! ( really?, can't I sneak in just a few more cups...?)

No comments:

Post a Comment