Thursday, July 2, 2015

A Glazing Fool...

Day; 143. Warm but rain on the way... monsoon season in full swing. Temperature on outside kiln; 80 degrees.

Firings; Glaze kiln to cone 6, (2,210 degrees) with a 10-minute hold.  18 hours to cool....

Unloaded the bisque kiln  this morning and stared glazing what was in it right away; stacks and stacks of plates as I decided to offer customers sets of things instead of everything being a one-off. Maybe someone actually wants a set of 4 plates instead of just one!? I don't know but it is wayyyy past time for me to find out. Of course that means I have to make 4 pieces that look the same, challenging for me for some reason... Is there such a thing as adult-onset ADD?! After seeing/making something once I am off in another direction, or at least changing it in some small way so that it no longer matches anything else I have made. I can't seem to stay with one idea for longer than a nanosecond. I get bored so quickly and just want to see what a different handle might look like, or what if I put the spout here instead of there? What if I change the color, scale, size? See what I mean?!  It's endlessly engaging but not really conductive to sets of anything.. I will see how I do, after glazing several sets of plates today I will probably ditch this idea and make pitchers tomorrow, I have been wanting to work on these for awhile... (ok, so the set idea lasted one day..)




No comments:

Post a Comment