Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Back in the Studio and Back to Walking Dogs....

Day; 149. sunny and warm until this evening; major monsoon downpour! My garden is so very happy. Temperature on outside kiln; 75 degrees.

Started the day with the first walk since "the snake"! Decided to brave the Galisteo Basin again and get the dogs out for some exercise, they have been climbing the walls since Friday and chewing everything in sight. We did however choose a different trail, one without hills and lots of rock outcroppings , prime rattle snake habitat. Instead we chose a wide open path, flat, and fairly easy. We also went a little later in the morning hoping that the reptiles would be back in the holes by then hiding from the heat. I have to admit I was a little nervous and decided to put 3 of the 4 huskies on leashes. My dear friend Carl, who helped me walk the dogs this week, was a real trooper and held onto 65 pounds of bucking, jumping, thrashing husky even when the mosquitos swarmed us. All present and accounted for when we got home and I was hugely relived.

Students Suzanne and Kim came for one of their last lessons and to finish up their tile project. We got everything glazed, cleaned up and loaded into the kiln. I can't wait to see what their new kitchen counter looks like!



No comments:

Post a Comment