Thursday, July 16, 2015

We Get What We Think About; Whether We Want It Or Not!

Day; 151. Sunny and warm, no change there! Big puffy New Mexico clouds but no monsoon. Temperature on outside kiln; 84

This past winter/spring I decided to teach more and make inventory for big summer shows less. I just figured the students would show up if I focused on what I wanted and Voila!, the Universe delivers! I am always completely bowled over at how I  get whatever I focus my attention on. The Law of Attraction seems to really function in my life, don't know about anyone else's! Therefore, I attempt to only think about what I do want, and not about what I do not, but my success rate is intermittent at best.

However, as regards to teaching, it seems to be working. I have had more students call for lessons in the last 3 months than the entire last couple of years combined. 3 more students showed up today through the Santafecreativetourism.org site. I gave a very enjoyable two-hour class on hand-building and wheel-throwing with Millie and her two boys Benjamin and Alexander. Lovely, lovely Swiss family  who now live in Miami but have a New Mexico native for a father. Why does French sound even more wonderful/cute coming out of the mouth of a 10 year old boy, I don't know, it just does. We made a series of wonderful textured cups and then attempted some small bowls on the potters wheel. While throwing on the wheel was challenging, everyone got good and messy and a great time was had by all....





No comments:

Post a Comment