Friday, July 17, 2015

I Always Learn Something From My Students...

Day; 152. Overcast all day long, strange...but warm. Temperature on outside kiln; 80 degrees.

After errands in town I helped Pepe pug probably 200 pounds of clay. The studio is stocked with newly mixed clay and all the bags of scrap clay, as well as buckets of throwing remains, are gone! It feels good to have that all day and bags of fresh clay stacked under the table. Ready for the next round....

In the afternoon I had Kim and Suzanne come and work on their tile project, almost done! They brought over the most amazing photographs- images of vegetables and nature patters- back lit on a light table. They look so incredible transferred onto their tiles that I searched Google for similar copy-right free images that I could use. Sadly they are not free and I must purchase the rights to use them, this makes it unworkable for me. But I did find some lovely stuff on Graphics Fairy and download several new images I am excited to use. I  am so tired of my old images I hardly want to use any of them anymore, I continue my search for interesting images that are not copyrighted...
Here are some of the images Kim and Suzanne brought, and some of the tiles they are transferred onto...



Good work girls! I love them! So wish I could steal some of these designs but that would be bad juju!!

No comments:

Post a Comment