Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Still Singin', But Not The Blues...

Day; 142. Sunny and warm but with massive monsoon clouds. A few sprinkles. Temperature on outside kiln; 85 degrees.

As it was Wednesday today,  I was here...


...instead of being in the studio. In the picture above you can just see my mike stand with it's new Ipad holder. I generally love it but  with Ultimate Guitar (the program we use to upload music to our devices) you cannot make any performance notes to any of the music, it is not re-writeable.  I am forced to remember when I start singing, who sings what, etc... Sometimes I miss my paper copies!

But mostly it is fantastic to be able to search for any piece of music, put it in our set list and change tempo and key signature if necessary. It even scrolls down through the lyrics at whatever speed you choose. So, if we ever sing on a windy day outside again, which I hope to never, ever do again, we will not have our sheets of music blowing into Texas....


We are (still?) working on a set of songs to be able to perform at a moment's notice; of the 17 songs I think I sing lead on 12 of them! Proud of myself for that,  I am making some sort of progress here...

Here is our set as of July 2015;
Across the Great Divide
California Cast Iron Soul
Closer to Fine
Dreaming
Galileo
Good Time Charlie
Ho Hey
I Want You Back
Just You and Me
Lean on Me
Love will Keep Us Alive
Lost Stars
My Guy
Ordinary Love
Soul Shine
Southland in the Springtime
Sunday Morning

 An extremely eclectic set don't you think?! We will add just a few more and then be the proud owners of a real 2-hour set! Gettin' there.....

No comments:

Post a Comment