Saturday, September 5, 2015

Labor Day Weekend, And I am Laboring...

Day; 183. A bit overcast still from last nights storm. A gentle drizzle this evening.

Temperature on outside kiln; 75 degrees
Kiln Firings; none
Music in the studio today; Tony Lucca, love that gravelly voice....

Suppose to be on the Chama River again this weekend but no dog sitter and we both feel a bit over worked so opted to stay home instead. We love the river but it is a lot of work for the gear boat, Dave must row for two days straight and we have to load and unload all the gear twice a day... Weather isnt great today either so maybe it was a good choice.

I woke up at 5am of course, my body thinking I was going to the market, but then went back to sleep for another 2 hours. What a luxury on a Saturday!
We worked some this morning and then went over to the Community Center to hear American Jem play again. We had heard them on 4th of July and really enjoyed it so went to give a listen one more time. Ellie, the lead singer, is an old student of Dave's so it was fun to hear her sing with her band. The two guitar players put on some really great harmonies, and as a singer myself, that is really satisfying to hear. I got a few ideas about songs; Someday Soon and Never My Love, both beautiful but not exactly up-tempo tunes.
Ah well, maybe I am just going to sing the songs I feel inclined to sing whether it is up-tempo or not!

Hope to have a break from laboring this Labor Day weekend, maybe a hike with the dogs or some such thing. I might just sit in the garden! Also, planning on finishing the last few pieces of work for the Durango Fall Art Festival in order to get them into the bisque kiln early next week. Pictures of the 3 large bowls I made today coming soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment