Monday, September 14, 2015

Back From Glaze Land...

Day; 189. Sunny, breezy, pretty warm.

Temperature on outside kiln; 80 degrees
Kiln Firings; watching the little kiln cool.... the last of the glaze firings completed!
Music in the Studio; Leon Bridges, check this guy out if you  love retro soul music, awesome...

Phew..... back from the land of chemical stew poured onto pieces of white stoneware... After two+ days of this I am so glad to be done.. It was however a stupendously gorgeous weekend, the best that September has to offer; beautiful light, warm days, cool nights with the Milky Way arching overhead....

And today in the studio was my favorite kind; lots of glazeware, plenty of decal paper and new designs to play with... I had all kinds of fun singing, working, unloading kilns. I am so grateful to work for myself and be home with my music and the dog-sled team almost every day, I am truly a lucky gal..

Here is what I put into the kiln today, love the new mid-century mod designs, so fun to work with...

 Breakfast plates
















                                                                         ... and some lunch plates.


No comments:

Post a Comment