Thursday, September 3, 2015

I Wear A Lot of Hats...

Day; 181. Sunny and hot, nothing much changes! Cooler in the evenings however...

Temperature on outside kiln; 86 degrees
Kiln Firings; 3rd and last firing for this body of work, decal firing to cone 02 (about 2000 degrees F.)
Music in the Studio; Corrine Bailey Rae. Like her music, not sure about the voice.. so little girlish, I need more grit in my vocals....

First Open Studio Tour meeting today!?... for the tour which runs next May!! Jesus it takes a village to put on a studio tour... Of course it is the advertising/publicity stuff,  the hardest part and the most out front in terms of deadlines... Trying to get some ads and copy together for publications in the spring without a budget yet and not even knowing who is even doing the tour yet... arggg, marketing is not my favorite nor strongest part of being an artist, but it must be done...

After that mind-numbing meeting, I actually finished the decal-ing a body of work, loaded the kiln, said my prayers, and turned the thing on... It always feels good to finally get some work into that 3rd firing... sometimes feels like it takes forever....!
Spent the rest of the afternoon making another pitcher out of hand-built parts, not all that happy with the finished version of the first one. I wish I could just throw the damn things but I suck at large thrown forms, I am just not skilled enough to really pull it off to satisfaction. So, I will try again and hopefully after really investigating this form I will eventually end up with something I like...
 Photo coming tomorrow probably, I don't have the handle on yet...!

No comments:

Post a Comment