Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thanksgiving Weekend...

Day; 224. Sunny but crisp. Beautiful early winter day...
Temperature on outside kiln; 42 degrees
kiln firings; none
music in the studio; none

Taking the day off from studio chores... Still going back and forth from feeling good after a day in bed to feeling crummy after getting up and working. Whatever has settled in my chest loves it there and does not want to leave...
Yesterday I finally got it together with Pepe the-shy-but-hardworking-intern and we rolled out another 40 tiles for the hotel commission due in Jan. This assuaged my panic quite a bit as we are a good team and with the pug mill and the slab roller going at the same time, we had a good productive rhythm going... I also put aside a few pieces for the La Fonda Gallery, another large commission due in Jan., and that felt like aleast some progress was  being made on that front as well.
 It takes every bit of will power and trust in the Universe that I possess  to lay in bed reading/healing while I have tons of work due in the next 5-6 weeks... but I am determined to pace myself and listen to what my body wants... I also know that abundance has absolutely nothing to do with how hard one works.. a very hard lesson for me as it goes against every bit of childhood training I received from two Depression-era parents... Abundance like every other thing in life relates to vibration and attraction.. I am grateful to experience contrast of what I do not want as it brings such incredible clarity, and what I do want comes into perfect focus... Thank You, Thank You, Thank You....

No comments:

Post a Comment