Monday, April 4, 2016

Uncle Sam Takes a Bite Out Of My A*s ....

Day; 268. Sunny and absolutely gorgeous! Spring has definitely sprung.

Temperature on outside kiln; 60 degrees
kiln firings; none
music in the studio; none

Another non-studio day for the 3rd day in a row, and I am about to take a road trip for 5 days so I thought I better catch up all of my two readers as to my whereabouts....

Saturday I participated in my first  Art Market in the Santa Fe Railyard, and had a great day!... even if I had to put my tent up at dawn.. It was so beautiful with pink clouds hovering over the mountains...






















I had been a little worried the night before because we got a few inches of snow, but the next morning it was cloudless, snowless, and most importantly, windless!!
And a lot of tourist and locals came out to support us. I had one of my best days and it was only April 2nd!      
Which was great because the next day I spent working on my federal taxes and sweating a little like I do every year once April 15th is looming...


 I am going with the notion that all will be well however, and practicing the feeling of abundance and imagining all bills paid... Feeling first, than manifestation... it seems to be working!

Tomorrow I drive my husband's new SUV north 400 miles  to Boulder, Colorado...

 I will be teaching at Boulder High School for two days in their ceramics department and will be doing a one-night gig at the Boulder Potter's Guild. I am really excited to get out of the studio and into the world. I have been feeling wayyyy to isolated lately and I am making a change!




As I went to CU Boulder in the early 90's and lived up in the mountains above town  for 10 years,  I am very stoked to re-visit my old stomping grounds as well and to see some old friends. My husband and I at the time built a custom house overlooking the Continental Divide and I am curious to drive by and see how it is weathering the years.  I will also visit one of my oldest friends who lived with me up in Nederland and who I lived with briefly when I moved to New Mexico. Tamara is now back up in "Our Mountains " and living the life with a new husky dog which I found for her after her wolf hybrid, who was related to mine, died several years ago...
It should also be fun to kick around the town, so chic, so outdoorsy, with tons of window shopping to do that Santa Fe just doesn't have...   and even though they got a foot of snow last week, this week is suppose to be 65 and beautiful... Front Range of the Rocky Mountains here I come.... !!                                                                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment