Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Nothing But Glazing...

Day; 270/271/272;  Overcast and chilly..

Temperature on outside kiln; 48 degrees..
kiln firings; glaze firing in little bear kiln to cone 6
music in the studio; what is on Pandora..

Beautiful day but a bit chilly still. We have had 3-4 days of clouds, rain, hail, snow....




Mid-April and it is 30 degrees at night and the roof is leaking....













But it also means we get to have plenty of these right next to the bed..






And the next day the Jemez Mountains to the west look like this...


Hard to see how truly snow-covered they are.. But the entire range is blanketed this a.m...

But  I am in the studio today, and for the last 3  days, just mixing glazes and then dealing with all the bisque -ware that has built up... I try not to let that happen because then I make bad glaze choices simply from being overwhelmed..



So  I decided to  fire what I have completed so far and not worry about filling Big Mama Kiln. It isn't as cost effective, but it saves my SANITY... and that's important!!

No comments:

Post a Comment