Friday, May 13, 2016

Here They Come...!

Day; 279. Sunny and warm even, not much wind! A perfect weekend for the Open Studio Tour!!

Temperature on outside kiln; 75 degrees
kiln firings; none
music in the Studio; Adele's latest....

Well if it's 2016 then that means this is my 16th year on the tour....., my first year was right after we bought the house in 2000... 16 years, hard to believe!! And every year has been fun, exciting, tiring, very lucrative... I don't imagine that this year will be any different... Except for the after-the-tour party that we throw every year, I will miss it... eating, drinking, singing, with all my friends.. but I just feel like after 16 years I can't do it this year, just going to go to the local grill and have a burger and beer and call it am weekend... sad but relieved!
Not as much work this year either but that's ok too, usually I try to fill the whole house but this year just the dining room and the studio, it was all I could do and I feel good about it, I just don't want to work myself to death anymore, life is too short! So here are a few shots of the set-up before I disappear for two days during which several hundred people walk through my house... !!

 Dining room wall.. love the pictures of Dave and I and my Dad on the wall as well....

















Opposite dining room wall with more cups....





Table set-up in the same room....



















Studio shot with wall pieces, jewelry,and tile..



May all 94 artists on the tour have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment