Thursday, March 24, 2016

Wall Flowers...

Day; 265. Sunny and beautiful, but WINNNNNDY!!

Temperature on outside kiln; 54 degrees
kiln firings; none
Music in the studio; Amy Winehouse

The days/weeks roll by... It has already been two weeks since I went off to the Albuquerque Spring Show...  Since I still have a large part of that body of work, I have not been motivated to make much. However, I have been making more hand-build cups, which I have really enjoyed...


I really enjoy the darting and cutting of the clay, it is just like sewing which I once tried to do for a living as well... ?! Another crazy scheme!!













Today I continued the obsession with texture and made some wall tiles I have been wanting to make for a long time...


These will hang/stand off the wall a good bit, 1-2 inches. The wall tiles I have made before have all been 1/4 inch thick so are pretty flush with the wall. I have been wanting to made much thicker ones for some time and today I finally figured out how to do it! I threw a short wall on the wheel about 1.5 inches high and just attached the tile itself to it, easy! I poked a couple of holes in the side walls so that I can attach some wire to the back as a hanging device. Can't wait to glaze them and see how they look on the wall!!....

It feels so good to make new work and feel inspired again, it seems like it's been since the first Ice Age since that has occurred!!

No comments:

Post a Comment