Sunday, May 8, 2016

Meandering towards The Tour

Day; 276. Windy but sunny and warm. A beautiful spring day....

Temperature on outside kiln; 70 degrees
kiln firings; none
music in the studio; Jefferey Gaines

Finishing up the last image transfer load for the Studio Tour this weekend. I am so ahead of myself I don't know what to do... No last minute panic, no race to the finish, no stressful opening up  of the kiln at 3am.... 
It feels weird.. yesterday I went to the wholesale nursery out in Lone Butte, bought annuals and then went out to lunch! Today I planted said plants and then took a nap.. Afterwards I finished up my watering of all the gardens and then sorta organized the display space in the dining room for the show.. I have never been this ready for the Eldorado Studio Tour so far ahead of schedule, nor so relaxed, in the 16 years I have been on the tour. I guess I  am finally  learning to chill, and what I got, is what I got... Not a lot of work for sale but I decided to take orders for tableware to make up for the paltry selection, so I am working on samples of dinner, lunch, and breakfast plates. I like this casual walk towards D-day instead of the usual mad dash, much  more enjoyable...!

Exactly a year ago I helped some students make tile for their kitchen counters and recently they sent me some pictures. At the time I was no so sure about the design, how was all this going to fit together but it was their project and I just taught them how to cut out and glaze tile. I have been wondering for months how it all turned out and at last I was able to get a glimpse..  It is beautiful! (makes me want to redo my own black-tiled?! kitchen...)





No comments:

Post a Comment