Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Bright Lights, Big City

Day; 262. Sunny and warm, definitely Spring!

Temperature on outside kiln; 60 degrees
kiln firings; none
music in the studio; none

A week just went by... ! And I turned 59! How is that possible! I just can't relate to that number, it is really unthinkable... 59 is my parents age.. or so that is about the age they are forever in my mind. I myself can't possible be that old!? As I am still in my 50's, at least for one more year, I have decided to party hardy all year long, so let's going dining, drinking, dancing.... !!

Just spent a week firing kilns in anticipation of the Rio Grande Spring Show in Albuquerque, so I have not posted anything this week... A boring, tedious job of standing and glazing pot after pot so I had nothing to post... anyway, I am finally done and the truck is packed. Now I just have to wash some clothes and grab my tooth brush.. It always feels good to get to this point; everything is made and fired and now I just have to find them all new homes...
I've got a new bra!, a new blouse, a new pair of shoes, and a new haircut, what isn't to love! I'm feeling lucky, blessed, and hopeful that the weekend will be fun and profitable... Albuquerque here I come...!

Here are a few pics of the inventory in the studio waiting to be sanded, packed, and  priced, and a shot of my fave mugs from this go-round... If you happen to be in the Duke City this weekend come on by..! The Rio Grande show is on the NM State Fair Grounds, Manual Lujan Building.. Magpie Pottery is in booth# B5..




No comments:

Post a Comment